Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Recent Movies and Books

I recently rented The Great and Powerful Oz and Jack Reacher and enjoyed both of them. OZ was a nice introduction to how the wizard came about. While staying true to the original story. Jack Reacher is actually based on a series of books by Lee Child and watching the movie has just made me want to read the books that much more.

The movie theater here was doing classic movies on the big screen (movies from 1973). My mom, my sister and I took the kids to see Charlotte's Web and they really enjoyed it. It was their first movie and they did really well (one is 5 and one is 4).

I get most of the books I read from the library cause I read so much that there would be no way I could afford the habit. Normally this isn't an issue because the books are in good shape. Last night I was reading Killing Fear by Allison Brennan and was about 3/4 of the way through when there started to be burn marks on some of the pages. Then there were holes in the pages. There is no way I'm going to keep reading a book when I'm going to miss things on every page I read. So of course I was frustrated because it's a mystery and it was just getting to the part where everything gets explained. Thankfully a friend of mine had the book and I was able to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment