Friday, July 19, 2013

Just Finished: Pleasure of a Dark Prince

Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
#9 in Immortals After Dark Series

Rating- Five Stars photo fivestars.png
Book Blurb

A Dangerous Beauty...
Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her—and those she loves.

An Uncontrollable Need...
Garreth MacRieve, Prince of the Lykae: the brutal Highland warrior who burns to finally claim this maddeningly sensual creature as his own.

Lead to a Pleasure So Wild...
From the shadows, Garreth has long watched over Lucia. Now, the only way to keep the proud huntress safe from harm is to convince her to accept him as her guardian. To do this, Garreth will ruthlessly exploit Lucia’s greatest weakness—her wanton desire for him. . . .

My Thoughts

This is Lucia and Garreth MacRieve's story, through the whole story people refer to him as MacRieve so I'm not sure why in the description he is called Garreth.. I guess it's just a quirk of mine. This whole series has grabbed me by the shirt collar and just dragged me along for the ride. And this book is no different. Once I started reading I knew I wasn't going to be able to put it down. I had to force myself to stop reading last night at 2:40am cause I knew I had to get up with my daughter and nephew this morning... but anyways, back to the review. It was nice to learn more about both MacRieve and Lucia. They both made appearances in past books, but their parts were never really big.. just a conversation here and there. Lucia is an archer who rarely misses but when she does feels great pain because of it. MacRieve is Lachlain's younger brother so never really had any responsibilities. They first met while MacRieve is playing Rugby (in the rain mind you :)) and he is suddenly distracted by a scent. He discovers the scent belongs to Lucia, he has found his mate. Lucia was tracking a creature that was hunting mortals. MacRieve watches Lucia shoot some arrows through the crowd and find her mark, against the odds and he is in awe. The story continues with her wanting nothing to do with him and of course him following her wherever she may go to try and win her over. I found the story well written, funny at times but also serious when needed. The whole storyline is awesome and I personally loved that Lucia is strong enough to take care of herself and that MacRieve eventually comes to understand this and attempt to live with it. They are a really good couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment